Application to the PhD program is submitted to the Office of Admissions and Registration at the St John of Damascus Institute of Theology, which receives and processes all applications, evaluates credentials, and issues notification letters. Standards under which students are admitted for study in this program are established and monitored by the Institute of Thelogy.
Acceptance in the PhD program is based on the candidate meeting University admission requirements and on the recommendation of the Institute’s PhD Admissions Committee.
Applicants must submit all the following to the Office of Admissions and Registration:
- Three recent passport-size photographs.
- A photocopy of your identity card or passport.
- A certified copy of your Lebanese Baccalaureate Certificate, or its equivalent.
- A certified copy of your Diplomas and transcripts.
- A reference letter from Church authority.
- Two recommendation letters (Forms enclosed).
- An application Fee of 150,000 L.L. ( 100 U.S.D. )
- Evidence of proficiency in English language ( for non native english speakers ), a minimum of 600 on the paper based TOEFL or 100 on the internet based TOEFL.
- Evidence of proficiency in a modern language ( other than English ).
- Evidence of proficiency in an ancient language.
- The dissertation proposal ( form enclosed ).
The application must be submitted to the Institute of Theology before the published deadline dates. Incomplete or incorrect applications cannot be considered by the Committee. All submitted documents for admission are the property of the University and may not be reclaimed by the applicant.
Your application is valid only for the academic year to which you are applying. You must submit a new application to be considered for a semester which falls in another academic year.
Admissions Committee decision will be communicated by personal notification.