The PhD program seeks to:
- Equip candidates with advanced Orthodox theological scholarship.
- Qualify researchers to lead advanced academic theological studies.
- Stimulate candidates towards research and engagement in life-long learning.
- Develop in PhD candidates high standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Equip candidates with necessary skills and tools to lead research and teach in universities.
- Foster the interrelationship between theological research and the pastoral work of the Church.
- Lead an active interaction with the research community worldwide on issues of Eastern Christianity.